Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This was the view to the east as we traveled south on the Pan American Highway. I was totally surprised that the mountains were so desolate.









This was the view to the west---the Pacific Ocean. These pictures were taken from the Cruz del Sur bus we traveled on. The bus was quite comfortable and served a full meal. Twice we traveled at night and the seats reclined and we had pillows and blankets.







This is a view of the Sunday market in Nasca. It isn't a great picture, but I was trying to be unobtrusive---Grant kept telling me to put the camera away. I was amazed at how the women carried everything in the "blankets". The woman in the center is carrying her baby. I watched one woman folding the blanket to carry a baby and was amazed that they could fold it securely enough to hold the baby and then manage to get it on their back without help. Obviously it doesn't take much to amaze me :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment